Suehirocho is just a few minutes walk away from Akihabara. It is not as well known, but it has numerous sightseeing spots and popular stores.
If you are going to Akihabara from Shibuya or Omotesando, the fastest way is to use the Ginza line and exit at Suehirocho station.
By the way, you can get to either Akihabara or Suehirocho using one of the three following ways.
- Tokyo Metro Ginza line – Suehirocho station
- JR lines – Akihabara or Okachimachi stations
- Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line – Yushima station
In this article, we will introduce three spots in Suehirocho.
Kanda Myojin is a shrine that has been standing for more than 1300 years. It was erected in 730 year and it has been protecting numerous shoguns and common people since. Today, the following wards are under its protection: Nihonbashi, Akihabara, Otemachi, Marunouchi, Tsukiji, Tokyo, etc.
Three gods reside inside:
- The god of relationships – Daikoku-sama
- The god of business prosperity – Ebisu-sama
- The god that wards off calamities – Masakado-sama.
Most shrines are crowded during year-end holidays, but because of its size, Kanda Myojin has people lining up throughout the year.
Recently, it has become even more popular thanks to an anime called Love Live. You can now buy anime-inspired lucky charms and other anime and game souvenirs.
2-16-2, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
- 8 minutes from Suehirocho station
- 8 minutes from Ochanomizu station
- 9 minutes from Shinochanomizu station
Wa style.cafe AKIBA
An internet café is a 24-hour café where you can read manga, play games, watch movies or surf the internet. Many offer private rooms or small boxes that provide just enough privacy for an one-night stay.
In Akihabara, there is an internet café with an interesting theme. It has been decorated to look like a ryokan – a Japanese traditional inn.
As you can see, it looks very worm and relaxing.
We recommend you also order a quick snack while you are there.
Sakai Suehiro Bldg., B1, 6-14-2, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
- 7 minutes from JR Akihabara
- Less than a minute from Tokyo Metro Ginza Suehirocho station
e Earphone Akihabara
e Earphone is the store with the largest selection of earphones and headphones. It first opened as an online store. Following its success online, the first physical store was opened in 2011.
Countless products are displayed around the store, most of which you can try out. There are samples of inexpensive products and professional ones that you can have fun with and maybe learn something new, as well.
4F Kanda Eight Bldg., 4-6-7 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
- 5 minutes from JR station
- 2 minutes from Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Suehirocho station