Are you looking for an affordable comfortable hostel near Akihabara station?
We found three hostels that are at a walking distance from the station but are more than reasonably priced.
GRIDS Akihabara is a hotel and hostel in one, located in the center of Akihabara. It is a great accommodation for tourists because it is also close to Asakusa and Tsukiji.
At the entrance, there is a relaxing bar lounge decorated to look like a terminal with a lot of neon colors that give it a futuristic look.
Even though the prices are more than reasonable, the building is quite new and the rooms are very highly rated.
You can choose from a variety of rooms. There are male and female-only floors for those who want a bit more privacy.
- BUNK RED IN DORMITORY：A dormitory room similar to a capsule hotel. 2~4F are men-only and 5F is only for women.
- SINGLE BED IN DORMITORY ROOM：A tiny “private room” with a comfortable single bed, separated by curtains to give an illusion of a room.
- PRIVATE FAMILY ROOM (without a private bathroom): for families or smaller groups
- PRIVATE FAMILY ROOM (with a private bathroom): for families or smaller groups PRIVATE DELUXE ROOM: with a private toilet, bathroom/shower room
- PRIVATE JAPANESE ROOM: decorated to look like a room in a Japanese traditional inn – ryokan
The rooms are already pretty affordable but can find even better deals on their homepage.
2-8-16, Higashi Kanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0031, Japan
- 9 minutes from JR Akihabara station
Hiromas Hotel is a small hostel that is just a 10-minute-walk from JR Akihabara station and 2~5 minutes from Yushima and Suehirocho station.
Even though the building is quite small there is a lot of open space inside. The prices are low, all rooms have access to WIFI, and the hostel is at an excellent location. There are more than enough reasons to spend the night here.
All rooms are dormitories. There is a female-only floor.
6-7-5, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
- 10 minutes from JR Yamanote Line, Sobu Line, and Keihin Tohoku Line Akihabara station
- 2 minutes from Tokyo Metro ChiyodaLine Yoshima station
- 5 minutes from Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Suehirocho station
- 6 minutes from Toei Oedo Line and Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Ueno Hirokoji station
- 8 minutes from JR Yamanote Line Okachimachi station
＆AND HOSTEL AKIHABARA
＆AND HOSTEL AKIHABARA`s mission is to create a smart hostel that connects people from around the world.
As they claim in their concept, the hotel relies on technology to provide a more comfortable experience. Many things can be controlled with a smartphone, such as door lock, lights, and air conditioning, etc. The customers actually get a smartphone at a reception with all the necessary applications installed.
Here you can get “andaco” Takoyaki. Fried dough balls with octopus filling known as “takoyaki” are one of most popular Japanese street foods
3-9-1, Sakumacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 431-3901, Japan
- 5 minutes from Eshowa-dori exit of JR Yamanote, Sebu and Keihin Tohoku Line Akihabara station