One of the world’s giants – Apple – spread its popularity to Japan with its high-quality iPhones and Mac products.
You would expect that there must be at least one their store in Akihabara, the place where people often head to look for the latest technology. However, there are no official Apple stores here.
So, where can you get your hand on Apple products in Akihabara?
One of the Japanese technology giants, Softmap has a branch called Soptmap Apple collection.
Sofmap Apple Collection is a 5-minute walk from the Electric Exit of JR Akihabara. The white building has a close resemblance to the design of Apple products which makes it easy to find.
It carries everything you can find in an Apple store, such as Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and official accessories. What makes Softmap stand out among the official stores, is its collection of DTM equipment and similar peripherals for creating music and a large number of second-hand products.
There is even an official Apple repair counter that can help you should you encounter any phone troubles during your trip.
- 1F: Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch
- 2F: peripheral devices, Mac software, repair counter
- 3F: second-hand floor (Mac, Apple Watch, Apple displays)
- 4F: MIDI, DTM equipment, speakers (new and second-hand)
- 5F: earphones, headphones (new and second-hand), second-hand iPhones, iPads, iPods, digital audio players
3-13-7, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
Close by, there is a big Yodobashi Camera store that has a store that specializes in Apple products, on the 1st floor.