Coin laundries are a fast and inexpensive option for doing laundry while traveling. Large cities like Tokyo have a lot of laundromats, especially in residential areas. Luckily, there are even a few in Akihabara, one of the most well-known sightseeing spots in Japan.
Coin Laundry Pierrot
Japanese housewives chose Laundry Pierrot as the best laundromat chain in Japan. It has stores all around the country and the number is still growing.
There are two Pierrot laundries in Akihabara.
All coin laundries use Pierrot Original detergent created by adjusting the detergent used for dry-cleaning. It is antibacterial, antistatic, removes smells, softens the clothes, and prevents them from bleeding.
The combination of powerful detergent and high pressure disinfect clothes better than a regular washing machine with a regular detergent would.
Also, Pierrot uses negative ion water to more efficiently remove stains and bacteria.
Their 24-hour call center is ready to help with any problem you may encounter.
- 27kg washing machine /16kg dryer：1,200 yen
- 17kg washing machine /10kg dryer：1,000 yen
- 22kg washing machine：1,000 yen（with electrolytic water disinfection course）
- 17kg washing machine：800 yen（with electrolytic water disinfection course）
- 2kg washing machine：600 yen
- 10kg washing machine：400 yen
- 7kg washing machine：300 yen（vertical type）
- 25kg dryer：8min/100 yen
- 14kg dryer：10min/100 yen
- 9kg dryer：12min/100 yen
- Washing sneakers：200 yen
- Drying sneakers：20min/100yen
Coin Laundry Pierrot 234 Kandasudacho
2-8-5, Kandasudacho, Chioda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0041, Japan
- 6 minutes from JR Akihabara
Coin Laundry 161 Yushima
2-14-1, Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 133-0024, Japan
- 12 minutes from JR Akihabara JR
Mammachiao is a coin laundry giant with 580 laundries in Japan. It strives to support hardworking mothers and provide gentle, plant-based detergent suitable for sensitive skin.
Recently, they have added a new option to their washing machines and now accept electric money as well.
If you encounter any troubles, Mammachiao`s call center is also open 24/7 and ready to help at any time during the day or night.
Their only laundromat in Akihabara is called Mammachiao Akihabara.
5-1-7, Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
- 8 minutes from JR Akihabara Station