Izakaya is a popular type of restaurant in Japan where everybody at the same table shares the food. Usually, it is open only during dinner time because izakaya food is often followed by an alcoholic drink.
We picked up two restaurant buildings that have some excellent izakaya restaurants.
Akihabara Ekimae PLAZA
Akihabara Ekimae PLAZA is located right from Electric Town Exit of JR Akihabara. Aside from izakaya, there are family restaurants, too, including Gusto – one of the biggest restaurant chains in Japan.
2F: THE ROSE＆CROWN（VICTORIAN PUB）
3F: Tsuki no Shizuku（seafood・Japanese food）
4F: Gusto（family restaurant）
5F: Ohashi（Japanese food）
6F: Kinkura Sakaba（big selection of Japanese drinks）
Monday～Friday、Day before a holiday: 11:30～14:30
Monday～Friday、Day before a holiday: 16:00～23:30
7F: Kakoiya（Japanese-style grilled food）
- Monday～Friday: 11:30～14:00
- Saturday・Sunday・Holiday: 12:00～15:00
- Monday～Thursday: 17:00～23:00
- Friday: 17:00～23:30
- Saturday: 17:00～23:00
- Sunday・Holiday: 17:00～22:00
8F: Fukuju（grilled meat）
- Monday～Friday: 11:30～15:00
- Monday～Friday: 17:00～23:00
- Saturday・Sunday・Holiday: 11:30～23:00
9F: Torarenbo(seafood、Japanese food）
- Monday～Friday: 11:30～14:30
- Monday～Saturday: 17:00～23:00
Akihabara Ekimae PLAZA Bldg., 1-18-18, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
Dining Square Akihabara
If you want to enjoy your drinks while singing karaoke, then Dining Square is a place for you. It is located in the vicinity of Showa-Dori exit of JR Akihabara.
There are karaoke rooms on the 7th floor where you can stop by after dinner.
- 2F: Umeko no Ie（creative Japanese food）
- 3F: Rakuzo（Japanese food）
- 4F: Tokachi Ishikari Hakodate Kan（Hokkaido Food）
- 5F: Rokku（meat house）、Minatoichiya（seafood private dining）
- 7F: BIG ECHO（karaoke）
Dinning Square Akihabara Bldg .5F, 1-16, Kanda Sakuma-cho, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo To, 101-0025, Japan