Even though Akihabara is known for its local stores, there are a few large malls as well where you can find shorten your shopping time and buy everything at one place.
Here are five of them.
Akiba Tolim is a shopping complex next to JR Akihabara station that can be also easily accessed from Tsukuba express Akihabara station through an underground passage.
- B1F: MUSE PLUTINUM（Hair removal salon）
- 1F: Starbucks, PABLO (cheese tart store), Poplar (convenience store), TX PLAZA Akihabara, Sumitomo Mitsui Bank.
- 2F: Baskin Robins, Maker’s Shirt、Portal Cafe (café dining), Zoff (glasses), Bose direct store
- 3F: MUJI
- 4F: UNIQLO
- 5F: restaurant floor
- 6F: restaurant floor
1-6-5, Kandasakumacho, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 101-0025, Japan
- Directly accessible from Tsukuba Express Akihabara station – exit A1
- JR station – right from Central exit
- Tokyo Metro Hibiya Akihabara Station – exit through gate 3 and continue straight along Yodobashi Came building towards Central exit of JR Akihabara
- Toei Shinjuku Line Iwamotocho station – exit out of gate A3 and turn left. After passing Izumi bridge turn left towards Washington hotel
Akihabara Radio Kaikan
Akihabara Radio Kaikan is a large, yellow commerce building close to JR Akihabara station. It mainly consists of hobby, anime and game shops.
There is a souvenir store The Akiba on the first store where you can find Japanese candies and Akihabara souvenirs.
Akihabara Radio Kaikan
1-15-16, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo To, 101-0021, Japan
- JR Akihabara station – just outside of Electric Town exit
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Suehirocho station – 10 minutes from exits 1・３
- Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line Akihabara station – 5 minutes from exits ２・３
2k540 is a shopping complex with a focus on crafted goods, located under railway viaduct between Akihabara and Okachimachi station which gives it a dark, vintage look.
Here you can find homemade goods and traditional souvenirs. There are cafés and benches for a short break, as well.
5 -9 Ueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0005, Japan
- Six minutes from JR Akihabara station
- Four minutes from JR Okachimachi station
- Three minutes Tokyo Metro Ginza Line Suehirocho station
11:00 – 19:00（it depends on the store）
Regular day off：Wednesday
Yodobashi Akihabara 7F
Yodobashi Akihabara is a leading electronics retailer. However, its mall in Akihabara has a shopping Floor is on 7F with small stores that sell CDs, books, fashion, and everyday goods, too. It is a good place to check different sides of Akihabara, from electronics to books and manga. There are restaurants on the top floor with English speaking staff.
７F、1-1, Kandahanaokacho, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 101-0028, Japan
7F Shopping Floor
LAOX Akihabara is the biggest general duty-free store. Its floors are packed with all kinds of goods that can be sold tax-free.
Because of its popularity among foreigners, most of its staff is not Japanese and can speak English, Chinese or Korean. Its vast inventory and great prices make it a great place for a big end-of-the-trip shopping spree.
1-2-9, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo To, 101-0021, Japan