The Largest Anime Store In Japan – Animate Akihabara
Animate is one of the most popular shops in Japan that sell anime merchandise. It is the first place that comes to mind as a recommendation to all anime and game lovers because it specializes in authentic licensed CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, character goods and other goods relating to anime, manga, and games.
There are two stores in Akihabara, both less than a 5-minute walk from Akihabara.
Animate accepts all major credit carts: VISA, Master, JBC, AMEX, Diners and Discover.
Animate Akihabara Honten (Main store)
Animate Akihabara Honten sells a variety of general anime goods.
- B1F: magazines, picture books, photo albums
- 1F: Pickup corner, limited and presale goods
- 2F: newly-published editions
- 3F: comics, books, picture books, photo collections, magazines published by fans
- 4F: character goods, trading cards
- 5F: character goodsキャラクターグッズ
- 6F: audio・visual・games
- 7F: limited time offers, Honten’s recommendations
4-3-2, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo, 101-0021, Japan
Animate Akihabara Bekkan (Annex)
The annex has a corner called Only Shop where all trending titles are lined up and easily accessible to customers.
Floor Guide（April 1st, 2019）
- 1F: shopping space（numerous capsule-toy machines）
- 2F: 『Azure Lane』pop-up store
- 3F: shopping space
- 4F: shopping space
- 5F: communication space
- 6F: communication space
- 7F: event space
1-2-13, Sotokanda, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo To, 101-0021, Japan